Friday, December 23, 2011

Susan Weinthaler


In my previous post about the timber-framed home, you can see the above art piece installed in the foyer of the home.  It consists of 2" x 2" squares of varying colors (and perhaps materials, although I can't tell) mounted on a steel canvas with magnets.  The piece is by Susan Weinthaler.  Here's an excerpt from the artist statement on her website:
I have worked with a wide range of materials and treatments, and as such my BITS occupy a space that involves sculpture, painting, and photography that is new is the art world. I am completely taken with the idea of the potentially infinite and am attempting to create an art form that is truly capable of it.
I love that idea, and I love that these artworks are interactive.  You can move the pieces around at will to create different compositions.

All images from www.weinthaler.com.  More images of her work after the jump...





No comments:

Post a Comment